Wednesday, March 21, 2012

It's a Pizza!




 
Looking crazy as ever, I went all Italian chef a few Sundays ago and cooked italian food for the entire week. Our of the way too many things I made, the spinach pizza we made was the BEST. 

First, here are some images of the North End in this mild winter we've had.  
 This is the Wharf I'll live in when I win the lottery. 


 My usual image  up there - the bell tower never gets old. And those arches in Columbus Park are amazing. Did I mention I really love living here?
  Ok so here goes the pizza instructions. Probably the easiest, most cost effective thing to make ever. But I'm pretty sure that's one of the most obvious things I've ever declared on this blog. Moving on...

What you need:
Store-bought pizza dough (I can only do so much people!) - Trader Joe's has great dough
flour, for dusting
3 Tbs. EVOO
1-2 cloves garlic, minced (use as much as you like)
1 big pinch oregano
2 pinches dry parsley
1 pinch kosher salt
2 massive handfuls baby spinach
1 fresh mozzarella ball, sliced
2 roma tomatoes, sliced
1 cup sliced mushrooms
fresh parmesan cheese, grated
fresh romano cheese, grated

Preheat oven at 375. Cook time: 10 minutes

Prepare:
Thaw pizza dough. Dust counter space with flour and coat pizza dough to point that you can handle without getting too sticky. Either using a rolling pin or stretching with your hands, work pizza dough into shape and level of thickness you desire and place on baking/cooking sheet. I go with rectangle and as thin as I have patience for without ripping the dough.

Combine EVOO, oregano, parsley and garlic in a small bowl. Using a brush, spread oil mixture on dough - coating entire surface with a thin layer. Season with a pinch of salt.

Layer spinach, mozzarella, tomatoes and mushrooms evenly over dough. Sprinkle as much parmesan and romano as your heart desires (mine desired a lot).

Your concoction should look like this, below. Pop this in the oven for 10 min. Ovens vary - remove from oven when the crust starts getting brown and crispy.

Before:

After:

It is DELICIOUS.

No comments: