Thursday, March 22, 2012

Anything for a Deal


At the risk of losing any potential readers, I'm going to do one more post about skiing and weekend getaways. You see, I have a severe obsession with deals (mostly, Groupon and Gilt City) and while I rarely spend money on anything in my daily life like a sandwich or brand name products - I am completely out of control when it comes to deals for hotels and/or skiing. And frankly, living in New England - it's just too easy to find cool places for cheap on these deal sites because the winter has been SO warm. 

Anyway, Jordan and I had our last ski day of the season. It was 48 degrees, rainy, foggy but remarkably good skiing. Then, we came to this incredibly funky lodgy Inn called the Common Man Inn. I couldn't get enough of the atmosphere here. It was so cool. We read by the pool, watched some college bball and went to the inn restaurant for dinner. 

The best part? They had self-serve cheese in the restaurant -- unlimited. It was my DREAM COME TRUE. 

It's like we were in Colorado somewhere - but really just an hour from Boston in New Hampshire.







Even if you're not from around here, I would TOTALLY recommend coming for a ski trip. It's 25 minutes from some of NH's best slopes. 

No comments: