Monday, March 12, 2012

Ski Weekend

The whole crowd - minus me (photographer) and Mike (who was busy flirting with 45-year-old ladies in the lodge)

 In January, I went with a bunch of friends to Stephentown again (thank you Ellmans!). It was so much fun to get away with a group of great friends, long car ride after work, lots of cooking that went somewhat disastrous, complicated card games and for me, the absolute TORTURE of trying to stay away past 10PM. 

For the record, I stayed up until 2AM the first night and 1AM the second. It was seriously the most pain my body has felt - I just need sleep people. We spent Saturday on the mountain and the skiing was great - Jordan, Stephen and I skied until the lifts stopped and joined the rest of the group back at the house. After quickly realizing that the beef we brought was UNBELIEVABLY gross and not edible, we ordered pizza from Pizza Plus (gross) and spent the rest of the night playing games. 

I drank coffee and giants cups of water in hopes of staying awake while everyone else acted their age and had beers and fun. 

Katie and Alex - like video game characters

Me, being a tool bag

Katie - being a tool bag

Alex - being an Urchin (Thanks Johnny Tsunami)

Aaron - the rule creator
Mike - the skeptic

Jordan - the sleepy eye
Katie - the cynic

Going strong at 12:30AM
Friends:)

I thought they wouldn't notice....but they found me.
Sometimes you just have to accept small victories. The weekend was awesome:)

No comments: