Thursday, September 13, 2012

Perspective


Oh hey. It's me, Morgan. The blogger who never really was. 

I've been wanting to keep posting throughout my life over the past 5 months but one thing leads to another and... here I am. Postless for 5 months. My apologies.

I have so much to update on and I really don't know where to begin so I'm going to post the thing I had the most pictures of in my phone.

PARK CITYYYY. 

If you're ever feeling overwhelmed or in any way uneasy about life, go to the mountains. It clears the mind and spirit more than any drug (I think?) and by letting go and embracing the fresh air, you may just be able to remind yourself what you really care about. Who you really are. What you really want out of life. 

Unfortunately for me, my wants are to frolic in nature all day every day for the rest of my life with endless amounts of delicious food and hot showers. But, happiness is important and getting away from the hustle of the city always realigns how I feel about my place here on earth. 

Too deep? Ok.

Well, the trip was the bomb. I went for a week with the Burkes (I am one, officially, since the last time I was here) in August and it was so much fun. So relaxing. Tons of great workouts and hikes and bikes and boats and runs..and a massage. And even more food and activities. 

I think this trip deserves another post but no promises on that.
We hiked from Deer Valley to Sundance and came upon this gem. It was lovely.

Rocky Mountain Chocolate factory is the best thing of all time.
Apple Pie Caramel Apples? Sure, I'll have 6.


Jordan and I hiked all the way up the Silver Lake trail in Deer Valley our last morning there. Stunning views.

My shoes proved our activity level, right? 

Missing a brother...but great looking group eh?

The view from Silver Lakes Trail.

I have much more to post from this trip but these are some highlights from my phone.

Check back for more posts on:
Another Half Marathon
Tough Mudder
Becoming a Homeowner
The backlash of becoming a homeowner
My job change
Tons of design, home decor and DIY projects
Recipes for the lazy
My inner Yogi coming back to life
Summer Roundup
THE FALL! Wahoo!

Thank you if you're reading this. You're a saint.

1 comment:

alex said...

Woohooo I'm a saint! So glad you are back. Keep em coming.