Monday, October 8, 2012

Some people


Just make your life better.

Luckily for me (and Jordan), we have some really amazing people in our lives. 
Friends can be hard to come by, especially when you go to sleep the second you get home from work and can't manage to be social more than once a week.
We both feel really lucky to have made some amazing friends in Boston. From local college friends to grad school to my job to Jordan's job and teammates, there's a pretty awesome group up here to make up for not having family around.

Which leads me to my point. Four of our very dear friends have gotten married in the last month. 

Last night, we just got back from the stunningly beautiful mountains of Vermont for
Caitlin and Zack's
wedding.
Caitlin, who makes lots of appearances here, was my college roommate and one of the most loyal people in the world. She challenges convention in ways that I admire more than she knows...except of course when that lack of convention sends her and Zack to live in China...but that's neither here nor there. And Zack? There's nothing not to love.

I love them and their wedding was incredible...even if that meant some unfortunate weather and an indoor ceremony. 

So enough talking and more looking.

Ok, this is not them. This is us...

From the handwritten details...




 to the lucky sixpence in her shoe...




It was the perfect wedding. 

This dress? Made and worn by her grandmother, worn by her mother and now Caitlin. AMAZING. 


 Bagpipes


Beautiful ceremony inside the barn. It was MADE for this.



Luckily, the clouds parted long enough after the wedding to get some amazing photos...and some paparazzi work by yours truly.

Peak season.


 Can't believe I didn't take more pics...but this is 3/4 of our senior house.

Fabulous first dance...

And as always...these two. True love.

Back in September, we celebrated Tim and Chrissy (my first grad school friend). Chrissy is one of those people that makes you look at the bright side, where everyone wins and the answer is never no. And I love her for it. And Tim's daily life makes my busiest days seem lazy...which I love.
These two were neighbors our first year of grad school and I met them both my first week in Boston ever. From that point on, they were pretty much inseparable in the most perfect way.

The day was sunny, perfect and by the water in CT. 

Here are some shots...
of the first kiss


of the girls...

of the first dance...the Louie Armstrong I think?

of the Burke's...

of the sister wives...again...

of the happy couple...and my hair mid-knot...

of brunch on the beach...

of me and my buddy.

Thank you all for being friends with us. We love you:)

No comments: